Gov. Spencer Cox Releases One Utah Roadmap, A Plan For The First 500 Days Of The Cox-henderson Administration
SALT LAKE CITY UT (STL.News) Gov. Spencer J. Cox and Lt. Gov. Deidre Henderson released a plan for the new administration’s first 500 days.
Called the “One Utah Roadmap,” the plan outlines policy priorities and suggested action items based on campaign promises and stated goals of Gov. Cox and Lt. Gov. Henderson.
The Roadmap focuses on six key priorities:
- economic advancement, including ways the state can develop talent, incentivize businesses and foster innovation;
- education innovation and investment, including how the state can recruit and retain quality teachers and focus on at-risk learners;
- rural matters, including meeting critical infrastructure and policy needs;
- health security, including fighting COVID-19 and addressing social determinants of health;
- equality and opportunity, including leading by example to improve racial and gender disparities in state government; and
state government efficiency, including investing in state employees and implementing changes in structure to become more responsive to the state’s customers, i.e. the residents of Utah.
- More than 100 community leaders from across the state participated in developing draft policy suggestions.