Governor DeWine, Lt. Governor Husted Unveil Plan of More than $1 Billion Targeted to Strengthen and Grow Ohio Communities and Businesses
COLUMBUS, OH (STL.News) Ohio Governor Mike DeWine and Lt. Governor Jon Husted unveiled their Executive Budget for Fiscal Years 2022 to 2023, which includes an aggressive plan to spur Ohio’s continued recovery by investing in communities, people, and businesses. Through the Investing In Ohio Initiative, the Executive Budget launches a strategic effort to invest more than $1 billion toward accelerating economic growth and ensuring economic vitality.
“We have a unique opportunity to make significant investments that will spur growth and economic renewal across the state,” said Governor DeWine. “The Investing In Ohio Initiative supports both our people and our economy as we continue to prepare for the future and showcase Ohio as the premier place to live and work.”
The Investing In Ohio Initiative within the proposed Executive Budget includes $460 million to support Ohio’s small businesses that have been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The proposal includes:
- Investing $200 million in grants for bars and restaurants;
- Investing $150 million in grants for Small Business Relief Grant applicants, who previously applied and are qualified;
- Investing $50 million in grants for lodging industry businesses;
- Investing $40 million in grants for indoor entertainment venues;
- And investing $20 million in grants for new businesses, many of whom were unqualified to receive previous funding.