NDTX Round-Up: January 15-21

NDTX Round-Up: January 15-21

NDTX Round-Up: January 15-21
GUILTY PLEA – JOHN THOMAS RUTLEDGE

(STL.News) On January 19, John Thomas Rutledge, 55, plead guilty to three counts of bank robbery.  During September and October of 2019, Rutledge robbed three banks in Dallas including: Legacy Texas Bank, Oakwood Bank, and Bank of America.  During the commission of the robberies, Rutledge stole more than $17,000 in cash from the banks.  Rutledge faces up to 20 years in federal prison for his crimes.  This case was investigated by the FBI.  Assistant U.S. Attorney Shane Read is prosecuting this case.

GUILTY PLEA – JOHN SANJIV MURGAI

On January 21, John Sanjiv Murgai, 54, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit health care fraud.  Murgai owned a company that provided mobile x-ray services primarily in Lubbock, Texas.  Murgai admitted that he agreed with an individual to fraudulently submit claims to Medicare and Medicaid for mobile x-ray claims under his provider number, falsely representing that he performed the services rather than “Company A,” an entity owned by a co-conspirator.  Murgai admitted that he and a co-conspirator agreed that Murgai would keep 5% of the payments received from Medicare and Medicaid for the false claims associated with the services and transfer the remaining 95% to the co-conspirator. 

Continue reading NDTX Round-Up: January 15-21 at STL.News.