Business News: Dollar General Corporation Reports Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results
Dollar General Updates Fiscal 2018 Guidance
Announces Fiscal 2019 Real Estate Growth Plan
GOODLETTSVILLE, TN – Dollar General Corporation (NYSE: DG) today reported financial results for its fiscal year 2018 third quarter (13 weeks) ended November 2, 2018.
- Net Sales Increased 8.7%; Same-Store Sales Increased 2.8%
- Diluted Earnings Per Share (“EPS”) Increased 35.5% to $1.26, including an estimated $0.05 net-negative impact from hurricane-related expenses and greater-than-anticipated other disaster-related expenses
- Cash Flows From Operations Increased 32.5% to $1.5 billion
- $374 Million Returned to Shareholders through Share Repurchases and Cash Dividends
- Board of Directors Declares Fourth Quarter 2018 Cash Dividend of $0.29 per share
“During the third quarter, we delivered strong operating performance and financial results,” said Todd Vasos, Dollar General’s chief executive officer.